Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The distribution of the energy of a waveform among its different frequency components.
- ‘The spatial frequency and direction of any component in the power spectrum are given by the length and direction, respectively, of a vector from the origin to that point.’
- ‘The relative values of the different components in the Fourier power spectrum express the comparative contribution of those frequencies of variation to the total energy of the original function.’
- ‘We measured maximum frequency and minimum frequency of the fundamental harmonic of the call from spectrograms, and frequency of most energy from a power spectrum.’
- ‘The power spectrum emphasizes dominant frequencies of the signal whereas signal memory is emphasized by the autocorrelation.’
- ‘This provided an average value of the power spectrum at the frequency of the oscillator.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.