Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A shower using an electric pump to produce a high-pressure spray.
- ‘Two of the other bedrooms are doubles, while the main bathroom has wood panelled walls, a power shower and a bath with telephone shower attachment.’
- ‘The bathroom completes the ground floor accommodation and includes both a bath and an electric pump power shower.’
- ‘Our room was equally impressive, with marble floors, a power shower, air conditioning and a large balcony with an ocean view.’
- ‘The best option is either a pressurised system or a power shower, which is a mixer shower with an integral pump.’
- ‘The shower room includes a power shower and shelved hotpress.’
- ‘The en suite shower room is also a generous size and has a power shower, a skylight and underfloor heating.’
- ‘Adjacent to this is a small shower room with a power shower and toilet.’
- ‘The suite here is white and includes a pedestal wash hand basin, a toilet and a step-in shower cubicle with electric power shower.’
- ‘The main shower room at this level includes a multi-jet power shower set in an enclosed cubicle that can double as a steam room.’
- ‘There are built-in wall and floor units in the kitchen, built-in wardrobes in the bedroom and an electric power shower.’
- ‘This dressing area has a power shower and hand basin, and plenty of storage space, in addition to the built-in wardrobes in the main bedroom.’
- ‘I decided I was going to need the assistance of a power shower to get them off.’
- ‘As they slept, a fire started in the bathroom, believed to be due to an electrical fault with a power shower.’
- ‘Plenty of people enjoy mucking about in boats, but just as many appreciate a power shower and a lie-down in a real bed afterwards.’
- ‘A small lobby with fitted presses and plumbing for a washing machine leads into the shower room, which includes a double power shower and is fully tiled.’
- ‘Features here include mosaic tiling, underfloor heating and a power shower.’
- ‘But they must have a decent iron and a working power shower.’
- ‘The master bedroom to the front has a fitted headboard, two fitted wardrobes and an en suite shower room with a power shower.’
- ‘The en suite shower room is fully tiled and has a power shower.’
- ‘The room without a view has paper flowers, sheets with cigarette burns, a power shower that defies its description and a window you almost have to smash to open.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.