One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A socket in a wall for connecting a device to an electricity supply.‘a purpose-built storage shed with power points and wall units’
- ‘Other features include recessed ceiling lighting with dimmer switch and brass power points.’
- ‘One of the garages has automatic doors while both are heated and fitted with power points.’
- ‘Each of the 331 rooms within the hotel feature direct dial telephone, internet access, dual voltage power points, an in-room safe and 24-hour room service.’
- ‘Twice, I plonked myself in a spot close to a power point to keep the laptop alive while I wrote a story.’
- ‘Rental includes carpeting, power points and name on the fascia board.’
- ‘He looked for a power point and plugged in his trusty laptop.’
- ‘The new building is a ex-bank and the server room was once a strong room; no windows, no power points, nothing.’
- ‘The only power point was at the back of the room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.