One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short sleep taken during the working day in order to restore one's mental alertness.
- ‘Bedding down by your desk may not be the answer, but using a room for a post-lunch power nap could work.’
- ‘A ten-minute ' power nap ' can leave you regenerated and relaxed.’
- ‘After a "power nap," she agrees to play with Scooter.’
- ‘After a power nap during French, I felt revitalized and had a new outlook on things.’
- ‘This is one of those 15 minute power naps they raved about on the time management course you sent me on.’
- ‘This difference is partially due to the number of participants in the current study who reported power naps that lasted less than 20 minutes.’
- ‘Find time for some yoga, a nature walk, a power nap, and some healthy meals.’
- ‘It's just sometimes you need to escape for a power nap.’
- ‘Perhaps one of the most interesting findings was the somewhat unexpected prevalence of power naps that were reported by both young men and women and middle-aged adults.’
- ‘This compact Executive Hammock can help you indulge in a serious power nap.’
- ‘Sleep is the new 21st century status symbol, epitomised by the " power nap ".’
- ‘Body temperature falls to a daytime low in the early afternoon, making you feel sluggish - prime time for a power nap.’
- ‘The incident rate of very short naps (frequently termed power naps) in modern society may be on the rise.’
- ‘She looks like a private school headmistress awakening from a five-minute power nap.’
- ‘Clive, his face still damp, is soon catching a ten-minute "power nap" amidst the clutter.’
- ‘I think a mid evening power nap is the way forward.’
- ‘So relaxed, or tired, was she that she settled down for a power nap, stretching out on the grass and resting her head on her kit bag.’
- ‘We had a bit of a power nap when we got back to the hotel and we watched the brothers play in the doubles final at Wimbledon.’
- ‘As Dr White points out, even Margaret Thatcher and Winston Churchill took power naps.’
- ‘"If you can have power breakfasts and power lunches, why not power naps?"’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.