One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A meeting between powerful politicians, executives, etc., held early in the morning while they eat breakfast.
- ‘That morning, Nick had woken him at five thirty exactly, forcing him to wolf down a hastily made power breakfast.’
- ‘But it's the hotel's power breakfasts that attract captains, kings, senators, actors and governors.’
- ‘This summer, the hot subject at talent agencies and power breakfasts here has been the HBO series "Entourage."’
- ‘Limelight serves the very best of international fare, from power breakfasts to special intimate dinners.’
- ‘"If you can have power breakfasts and power lunches, why not power naps?"’
- ‘The power breakfast comprised bacon, sausage, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and hashbrowns with thick slices of sourdough bread making for hearty servings indeed.’
- ‘My favorite "power breakfast" is one of these with about a 1/2 TBS of peanut butter for spreading, and 8 oz. or so of skim milk.’
- ‘You can have your egg-white omelette or met-Rx bar; I've found my new power breakfast.’
- ‘But even you, with your morning cardio and your power breakfast, are not immune to the black hole known as afternoon.’
- ‘I was meeting Amy for a New York style power breakfast.’
- ‘It mounted a robust election campaign, which included boisterous, well-managed rallies and even a Western-style meet-the-press power breakfast on the eve of polling.’
- ‘An Environmental Associate with the law firm Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, Trisha discovered the power breakfast to top them all.’
- ‘Enjoy your Fusion powered breakfast!’
- ‘The Americans invented the term power breakfast and I've seen it appearing on numerous hotel menus, especially in New York.’
- ‘I just don't do the star parties or the private screenings or the power breakfasts any more than I absolutely have to.’
- ‘Our team enjoyed a power breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon before putting on their climbing harnesses and backpacks and heading out.’
- ‘Can you go to the Regency Hotel and order a power breakfast, and say "Bring me a Slim Fast, or do you have to bring your own?"’
- ‘We, the hungry press, were on time for our power breakfast, but Nvidia wasn't.’
- ‘Now advised that, even as his brain storms, his body is sustaining a hurricane of dangerous oxidants, will Gordon Brown rethink his power breakfast?’
- ‘But on this occasion the men decided the prospect of the mammoth La Vista power breakfast was too good to worry about the little extra we would have to pay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.