One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A meeting between powerful politicians, executives, etc., held early in the morning while they eat breakfast.
- ‘Our team enjoyed a power breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon before putting on their climbing harnesses and backpacks and heading out.’
- ‘That morning, Nick had woken him at five thirty exactly, forcing him to wolf down a hastily made power breakfast.’
- ‘But on this occasion the men decided the prospect of the mammoth La Vista power breakfast was too good to worry about the little extra we would have to pay.’
- ‘Enjoy your Fusion powered breakfast!’
- ‘But it's the hotel's power breakfasts that attract captains, kings, senators, actors and governors.’
- ‘An Environmental Associate with the law firm Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, Trisha discovered the power breakfast to top them all.’
- ‘Can you go to the Regency Hotel and order a power breakfast, and say "Bring me a Slim Fast, or do you have to bring your own?"’
- ‘The power breakfast comprised bacon, sausage, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and hashbrowns with thick slices of sourdough bread making for hearty servings indeed.’
- ‘You can have your egg-white omelette or met-Rx bar; I've found my new power breakfast.’
- ‘It mounted a robust election campaign, which included boisterous, well-managed rallies and even a Western-style meet-the-press power breakfast on the eve of polling.’
- ‘This summer, the hot subject at talent agencies and power breakfasts here has been the HBO series "Entourage."’
- ‘I just don't do the star parties or the private screenings or the power breakfasts any more than I absolutely have to.’
- ‘Limelight serves the very best of international fare, from power breakfasts to special intimate dinners.’
- ‘But even you, with your morning cardio and your power breakfast, are not immune to the black hole known as afternoon.’
- ‘Now advised that, even as his brain storms, his body is sustaining a hurricane of dangerous oxidants, will Gordon Brown rethink his power breakfast?’
- ‘"If you can have power breakfasts and power lunches, why not power naps?"’
- ‘I was meeting Amy for a New York style power breakfast.’
- ‘We, the hungry press, were on time for our power breakfast, but Nvidia wasn't.’
- ‘The Americans invented the term power breakfast and I've seen it appearing on numerous hotel menus, especially in New York.’
- ‘My favorite "power breakfast" is one of these with about a 1/2 TBS of peanut butter for spreading, and 8 oz. or so of skim milk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.