One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His plump, pouchy features are positively pink with pleasure and he's clapping his hands delightedly.’
- ‘The best thing about a return to high waistbands is that ladies who enjoy their lunch can smooth away their pouchy tummies by investing in a sensible pair of ‘control’ knickers.’
- ‘A wig that seemed to be woven out of gray wire was set over a red, pouchy face, whose multiple chins hung over his neckcloth like wattles.’
- ‘Besides, her pouchy tummy looked strange with her slender new hips.’
- ‘In my head, I was the gorgeous young thing running around with the aged pouchy bachelor, and it was the best relationship I'd ever been in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.