One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who smokes cannabis.
- ‘Scared you might actually bond with some of these potheads?’
- ‘If potheads are entitled to their drug of choice, why not those who prefer a line of Charlie?’
- ‘70% of potheads claim not to have gone on to class A substance, which is a fairly believable stat.’
- ‘But then potheads in Amsterdam start a protest that spreads throughout Europe, extinguishing exports.’
- ‘Was it an implication that I am a pothead, or a coke addict?’
- ‘Most people who grew up in the Sixties weren't longhaired potheads… they were buttoned-down squares who liked cars and girls, and the Beach Boys were their poster boys.’
- ‘They played football and soccer during the school season, but they were also potheads that skateboarded and got into trouble regularly.’
- ‘They have to deal with violent deranged crack heads, not peaceful potheads?’
- ‘All the guys at my school are either potheads or nerds.’
- ‘From a high school lifetime spent in the drama department with all the potheads and future homosexuals, I learned a thing or ten about musicals.’
- ‘I might not be as stable as all the rest of you potheads, but I don't need a baby-sitter.’
- ‘You may wonder how a cartoon strip about three potheads could survive the 1960s, let alone the 80s.’
- ‘Look at his friends, druggies and potheads galore.’
- ‘‘Wow Grant,’ she replied, ‘You look like the same pothead I've known for years.’’
- ‘I know people I'd call potheads, but nobody that smokes that much, that often.’
- ‘She didn't want to turn into the potheads her parents were.’
- ‘This is, therefore, not a greenlight to all you potheads to head for the border; as police will continue to bust those who cultivate or deal the drug illegally.’
- ‘I was a second-stringer who didn't talk to anyone but potheads.’
- ‘Maybe I could head back to school and pay one of the potheads a hundred bucks to do a quick job.’
- ‘People think that we're all major potheads but the fact of the matter is I'm way more into alcohol, Vicadan, morphine and codeine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.