One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who smokes cannabis.
- ‘She didn't want to turn into the potheads her parents were.’
- ‘I might not be as stable as all the rest of you potheads, but I don't need a baby-sitter.’
- ‘Look at his friends, druggies and potheads galore.’
- ‘70% of potheads claim not to have gone on to class A substance, which is a fairly believable stat.’
- ‘They have to deal with violent deranged crack heads, not peaceful potheads?’
- ‘If potheads are entitled to their drug of choice, why not those who prefer a line of Charlie?’
- ‘But then potheads in Amsterdam start a protest that spreads throughout Europe, extinguishing exports.’
- ‘Was it an implication that I am a pothead, or a coke addict?’
- ‘Most people who grew up in the Sixties weren't longhaired potheads… they were buttoned-down squares who liked cars and girls, and the Beach Boys were their poster boys.’
- ‘They played football and soccer during the school season, but they were also potheads that skateboarded and got into trouble regularly.’
- ‘I know people I'd call potheads, but nobody that smokes that much, that often.’
- ‘Scared you might actually bond with some of these potheads?’
- ‘From a high school lifetime spent in the drama department with all the potheads and future homosexuals, I learned a thing or ten about musicals.’
- ‘People think that we're all major potheads but the fact of the matter is I'm way more into alcohol, Vicadan, morphine and codeine.’
- ‘This is, therefore, not a greenlight to all you potheads to head for the border; as police will continue to bust those who cultivate or deal the drug illegally.’
- ‘All the guys at my school are either potheads or nerds.’
- ‘‘Wow Grant,’ she replied, ‘You look like the same pothead I've known for years.’’
- ‘Maybe I could head back to school and pay one of the potheads a hundred bucks to do a quick job.’
- ‘I was a second-stringer who didn't talk to anyone but potheads.’
- ‘You may wonder how a cartoon strip about three potheads could survive the 1960s, let alone the 80s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.