One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The increase in strength of nerve impulses along pathways which have been used previously, either short-term or long-term.
- ‘Exposure to ozone causes acute changes in lung function, neutrophil infiltration, cytokine release, and potentiation of allergen-induced bronchoconstriction.’
- ‘We hypothesized that in these patients theophylline, a drug that stabilizes breathing, may affect short-term potentiation.’
- ‘And he can see in a normal animal a process when you fire nerves over and over again, they sort of step up and have more power each time they fire, it's called long term potentiation.’
- ‘Researchers believe these synaptic changes, called long-term potentiation or LTP, are the basis for learning in the brain.’
- ‘This increased strength, termed long-term potentiation, can be, despite its name, relatively short-lived.’
- ‘Much is now known about the molecular basis of this phenomenon, called long-term potentiation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.