One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With the capacity to develop or happen in the future.‘newly available oil might potentially create a drop in prices’‘a potentially dangerous situation’
- ‘The political fallout from the trial results is potentially enormous.’
- ‘Something new or out of place can potentially instigate a serious traffic jam.’
- ‘Potentially damaging arthropods are common on landscape plants.’
- ‘They propose genetic screening for newborns to potentially benefit both the child and the rest of the family.’
- ‘Waiting for results will still allow enough time to treat the strep infection and avoid potentially serious, preventable complications.’
- ‘Using such estimates will potentially result in a less accurate yield prediction.’
- ‘Storage moulds of corn occur annually, potentially lowering grain quality.’
- ‘There are no requirements to test for potentially harmful contaminants.’
- ‘Activities near the well potentially can contaminate the water supply.’
- ‘Direct sale of beef to consumers is potentially profitable option for Kentucky's farmers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.