Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The energy possessed by a body by virtue of its position relative to others, stresses within itself, electric charge, and other factors.Compare with kinetic energy
- ‘The gravitation force actually converts potential energy into mass by forcing protons and electrons to combine into neutrons.’
- ‘The energy flow resulting from transforming kinetic energy into potential energy is heat.’
- ‘He criticised Descartes' ideas of mechanics and examined what are effectively kinetic energy, potential energy and momentum.’
- ‘The molecules convert their kinetic energy into potential energy when they rise into the air just like the ball did.’
- ‘Ah, the joys of watching gravitational potential energy convert into kinetic energy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.