One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The energy possessed by a body by virtue of its position relative to others, stresses within itself, electric charge, and other factors.Compare with kinetic energy
- ‘The molecules convert their kinetic energy into potential energy when they rise into the air just like the ball did.’
- ‘He criticised Descartes' ideas of mechanics and examined what are effectively kinetic energy, potential energy and momentum.’
- ‘The gravitation force actually converts potential energy into mass by forcing protons and electrons to combine into neutrons.’
- ‘Ah, the joys of watching gravitational potential energy convert into kinetic energy.’
- ‘The energy flow resulting from transforming kinetic energy into potential energy is heat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.