One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A side dish consisting of cold cooked potato chopped and mixed with mayonnaise and seasonings.
- ‘Most people don't need the 250 calories in a side salad like cole slaw or potato salad.’
- ‘Serve this sweet corn bread alongside your barbecue chicken or ribs with sides of cole slaw, potato salad and baked beans.’
- ‘I had my specialty - the barbecued beef sandwich, potato salad and baked beans.’
- ‘Side orders were uninspiring if traditional, featuring coleslaw, potato salad, boiled potatoes and side salad.’
- ‘I offered to make baked beans, potato salad a green salad and other things I happened to come up with.’
- ‘There were dinner rolls and chicken cacciatore, baked ziti, and potato salad, peas and corn, and coleslaw.’
- ‘There are only three kinds of salads that can get away with not having lettuce - fruit salad, potato salad, and pasta salad.’
- ‘Sitting on the table were plates and bowls of coleslaw, chicken, potato salad, various cookies, and a large cake.’
- ‘Forgo bacon bits and prepared salads like potato salad.’
- ‘Dad went immediately up to the counter and ordered a pulled pork dinner, choosing sides of coleslaw and potato salad.’
- ‘In Argentina we do pork, chicken and fish accompanied by salad, potato salad, tomatoes, unleavened bread and beer and wine.’
- ‘Accompany with ligonberry jam, cucumber salad, potato salad, and radish salad.’
- ‘We sit and drink rakia and soft drinks and over two or three hours share a large dish of potato salad, followed by home-made soup and pumpkin banitsa.’
- ‘We would return home for the first hot dog and potato salad of the season.’
- ‘I chose a cold baked salmon salad with homemade coleslaw, potato salad and brown bread.’
- ‘But sit them on a piece of sourdough, with new potato salad, crème fraîche and plenty of seasoning, and they are fantastic.’
- ‘If potato salad, grilled meat or other salads sit out in summer temperatures, you are asking for trouble.’
- ‘The fried fish and pan fried potatoes, German style with potato salad if you like, are excellent and the chicken curry could hardly be beaten.’
- ‘Other dishes to be recommended include garlic soup, potato salad and beef salad.’
- ‘Red rice is one of the best things to have with potato salad and greens and chicken or fried pork chops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.