One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A destructive fungal disease of potatoes resulting in dry brown rot of the tubers.
- ‘But that changed 150 years ago, when Ireland's potato blight and Britain's refusal to bail out the Irish sent millions to the emigrant ships.’
- ‘The trials will investigate the suitability of different potato varieties and the influence of soil fertility on potato blight.’
- ‘A wild relative of the potato was found in Peru, and when it was hybridized with the standard crop plant a variety was obtained that was resistant to potato blight.’
- ‘There have been warnings of late of potato blight and people with sowings of potatoes would be well advised to spray.’
- ‘In 1844, a new form of potato blight was identified in America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.