One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many business jet crews trust those delivering their drinking water, and others assume that the single-stage carbon filter through which water enters the aircraft is sufficient to ensure potability.’
- ‘Water samples from 25 different locations in Chennai, collected from wells and bore wells were analysed for their potability in the Centre's laboratory.’
- ‘The standpipe water is piped from the mountain and has been tested for potability by Oxfam.’
- ‘The human, for example, may be interested in the pond's water source, the potability of the water, or the potential for irrigation.’
- ‘One of the purposes of the report was to provide information relevant to potability but not that it was intended to be a comprehensive assessment of potability;’
- ‘Without advanced and very expensive treatment, this water does not meet potability standards of most state health departments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.