One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant grown or suitable for growing in a flowerpot, especially indoors.
- ‘Hemp is bred and grown entirely different than the pot plant, looks completely different in the fields, and contains practically none of the THC that gives marijuana smokers a high.’
- ‘We have drifted over near this giant pot plant thing, next to a fire exit.’
- ‘It's amazing what one can do with tinsel, a pot plant, shrub, or tree branches.’
- ‘Veltheimia is used as a pot plant which blooms during winter.’
- ‘Tiny bathrooms are more problematic but there is usually room for at least one pot plant.’
- ‘You can keep your lemon verbena as a pot plant and move it indoors before frost.’
- ‘Tolerant of cold winds and frost, its height makes it an ideal pot plant in a mixed bed of carpeting heathers and ground-covering conifers.’
- ‘Gloxinias are perfect pot plants as both their foliage and colorful blossoms are exceptionally showy.’
- ‘Discretion is not their middle name and they give such a fiery display as to be considered suitably decorative for pot plant use.’
- ‘Due to its many applications, including use as a pot plant and a cut flower, this one is by far the most cultivated species.’
- ‘Its natural habitat is the arid riverbanks of southern Africa, but you can grow it as a pot plant in colder regions.’
- ‘When grown indoors as pot plants, miniature roses need a little special care.’
- ‘Then we went out to a store and purchased a rug and a pot plant, and looked at a selection of beds.’
- ‘We walked in and I immediately knocked over a huge pot plant.’
- ‘If you're looking for the exit, it's that way, just to the left of the pot plant.’
- ‘The plant has fragrant purple flowers and is sold as a pot plant at Christmas in the USA, when it flowers and fruits at the same time.’
- ‘Next door have already introduced themselves and given us a pot plant.’
- ‘It can be grown as a pot plant and is ideal for flower beds.’
- ‘In every government office there is a sullen secretary, a pot plant and a framed portrait of the leader.’
- ‘I couldn't believe the amount of things she was given - not just cans of drink, or beer, and lots of food and candy bars but also, for example, a pot plant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.