Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A plant grown or suitable for growing in a flowerpot, especially indoors.
- ‘Due to its many applications, including use as a pot plant and a cut flower, this one is by far the most cultivated species.’
- ‘I couldn't believe the amount of things she was given - not just cans of drink, or beer, and lots of food and candy bars but also, for example, a pot plant.’
- ‘Gloxinias are perfect pot plants as both their foliage and colorful blossoms are exceptionally showy.’
- ‘The plant has fragrant purple flowers and is sold as a pot plant at Christmas in the USA, when it flowers and fruits at the same time.’
- ‘We walked in and I immediately knocked over a huge pot plant.’
- ‘In every government office there is a sullen secretary, a pot plant and a framed portrait of the leader.’
- ‘Then we went out to a store and purchased a rug and a pot plant, and looked at a selection of beds.’
- ‘Tiny bathrooms are more problematic but there is usually room for at least one pot plant.’
- ‘We have drifted over near this giant pot plant thing, next to a fire exit.’
- ‘When grown indoors as pot plants, miniature roses need a little special care.’
- ‘It can be grown as a pot plant and is ideal for flower beds.’
- ‘You can keep your lemon verbena as a pot plant and move it indoors before frost.’
- ‘Hemp is bred and grown entirely different than the pot plant, looks completely different in the fields, and contains practically none of the THC that gives marijuana smokers a high.’
- ‘Next door have already introduced themselves and given us a pot plant.’
- ‘Veltheimia is used as a pot plant which blooms during winter.’
- ‘Tolerant of cold winds and frost, its height makes it an ideal pot plant in a mixed bed of carpeting heathers and ground-covering conifers.’
- ‘Its natural habitat is the arid riverbanks of southern Africa, but you can grow it as a pot plant in colder regions.’
- ‘It's amazing what one can do with tinsel, a pot plant, shrub, or tree branches.’
- ‘If you're looking for the exit, it's that way, just to the left of the pot plant.’
- ‘Discretion is not their middle name and they give such a fiery display as to be considered suitably decorative for pot plant use.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.