One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Liquor in which meat, fish, or vegetables have been boiled; stock.
- ‘Cornbread, made with pure cornmeal is a must with every meal, especially if there's pot liquor.’
- ‘Eat the garlic cloves, eat the mint, consume the pot liquor.’
- ‘Then there are the brilliant side dishes, of which I never seem to tire: The delightfully bitter greens brimming with smoky, pork-infused pot liquor.’
- ‘Divide greens and broth("pot liquor") evenly into 4 serving bowls.’
- ‘If you know what pot liquor is, then you have probably just identified yourself as either being from the country, or having some agrarian connections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.