One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of postponing something; deferral.‘the postponement of the elections’count noun ‘after repeated postponements, Berlin's new Jewish Museum is officially open’
deferral, deferment, delay, putting back, putting off, rescheduling, adjournment, shelving, suspensionView synonyms
- ‘It is important to note that the postponements or adjournments were all with the consent of the appellant, as we have already observed.’
- ‘And every day we read about delays, postponements, difficulties in the trial, terrible security problems.’
- ‘In a way, this can be expected with the number of delays, postponements and redesigns the game went through.’
- ‘These factors can easily lead to delays or postponements that simply don't happen with other clients.’
- ‘The delays and postponements could have affected our team in a bad way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.