One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of postponing something; deferral.‘the postponement of the elections’count noun ‘after repeated postponements, Berlin's new Jewish Museum is officially open’
deferral, deferment, delay, putting back, putting off, rescheduling, adjournment, shelving, suspensionView synonyms
- ‘It is important to note that the postponements or adjournments were all with the consent of the appellant, as we have already observed.’
- ‘In a way, this can be expected with the number of delays, postponements and redesigns the game went through.’
- ‘And every day we read about delays, postponements, difficulties in the trial, terrible security problems.’
- ‘The delays and postponements could have affected our team in a bad way.’
- ‘These factors can easily lead to delays or postponements that simply don't happen with other clients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.