Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] (among fundamentalist Christians) the doctrine that the Second Coming of Christ will be the culmination of the prophesied millennium of blessedness.
- ‘The four most popular views are dispensational premillennialism, historical premillennialism, amillennialism, and postmillennialism.’
- ‘Conditional postmillennialism also offers believers a safety net, for it constitutes a fail - proof prophecy, pre-empting any potential for cognitive dissonance or loss of faith.’
- ‘Neither amillennialism nor postmillennialism is inclined to search for God's supernatural intervention as an agent in eschatological events.’
- ‘Belief in a future millennium either preceding or following (postmillennialism) the second coming of Christ, when he will reign on earth in a kingdom of his saints.’
- ‘There is a millennium, after which Christ will come again (postmillennialism).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.