One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the study of the expression of the set of genes in an organism.
- ‘One of the major challenges facing postgenomic research is integrating sequence data with data from the functional analysis of genes.’
- ‘The factors that determine composition of coding and noncoding regions of DNA are not well understood, but in the postgenomic era, some compositional rules are beginning to unravel.’
- ‘In the postgenomic era, when new technologies are readily available to evolutionary geneticists, the field's attention is shifting to the evolution of expression at the RNA and protein levels.’
- ‘The examination of these and other measures to detect changes of gene function along branches of a phylogenetic tree will become increasingly important in the postgenomic era.’
- ‘A major task for the postgenomic era is to characterize the full protein complement, i.e. the proteome, for organisms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.