Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting the study of the expression of the set of genes in an organism.
- ‘One of the major challenges facing postgenomic research is integrating sequence data with data from the functional analysis of genes.’
- ‘A major task for the postgenomic era is to characterize the full protein complement, i.e. the proteome, for organisms.’
- ‘The examination of these and other measures to detect changes of gene function along branches of a phylogenetic tree will become increasingly important in the postgenomic era.’
- ‘The factors that determine composition of coding and noncoding regions of DNA are not well understood, but in the postgenomic era, some compositional rules are beginning to unravel.’
- ‘In the postgenomic era, when new technologies are readily available to evolutionary geneticists, the field's attention is shifting to the evolution of expression at the RNA and protein levels.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.