One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bone behind the orbit of the eye in some vertebrates.
- ‘In general, its dorsal partners are the squamosal and either the postfrontal or postorbital.’
- ‘The skull is low, with postfrontal ridges and dorsal orbits, suggesting the ability to see above the water line.’
- ‘The postfrontal and jugal form the posterior border of the orbit.’
- ‘These include parietals which are completely fused along the midline, loss of the postfrontal, and formation of a fairly complete secondary palate.’
- ‘The parietals are only well exposed on the skull roof, as their ventral projections contacting the postfrontal and postorbital are damaged.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.