One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Treat (a biological substance or specimen) with a second fixative.
- ‘The tissue was subsequently postfixed in osmium tetroxide and embedded in epoxy resin.’
- ‘A portion of this specimen was postfixed in B - 5 fixative.’
- ‘Cells were postfixed in 1% osmium tetroxide in 0.1 M cacodylate buffer for 50 min.’
- ‘In some cases the cells were postfixed for 90 min in a solution of 1% osmium tetroxide in PBS.’
- ‘The cells in these images were postfixed with osmium tetroxide.’
Append as a suffix.
An element added to the end of a word; a suffix.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.