One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The statistical probability that a hypothesis is true calculated in the light of relevant observations.
- ‘To summarize: the paradox arises because you use the prior probabilities to calculate the expected gain rather than the posterior probabilities.’
- ‘The expectations are actually obtained using the posterior probabilities rather than the prior probabilities.’
- ‘They implemented a full Bayesian method for calculating posterior probabilities using Markov Chain Monte Carlo.’
- ‘If the null hypothesis is rejected, the program calculates a posterior probability for functional divergence for each position in the alignment.’
- ‘Within the Bayesian framework, the posterior probability is obtained from the likelihood function and the prior probability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.