One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘The policy has had some notable successes in the post-colonialist era.’
- ‘She been embraced, particularly by feminist and postcolonialist scholars and film critics, for the 'decolonising' and feminist strategies at work in her films.’
- ‘She has by turns been considered an essentialist, an exemplar of postmodern hybridity, a victim of patriarchy, a postcolonialist and a pioneer of postminimal art strategies.’
- ‘Even if Fletcher's play is a romantic island fling that offers muted criticisms of the western ethos, Doran's production intelligently views it through post-colonialist eyes.’
- ‘Their politics was informed by postcolonialist and Marxist agendas of nationalism.’
- ‘He argues from a 'postcolonialist' standpoint and sets out to show the connections between the famous, published works and Charlotte Bronte's 'many neglected writings'.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.