One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A postal order.
- ‘The move to Victoria in 1954 must have been for altruistic reasons, as at that time Tasmania's biggest import was five-shilling postal notes from Victoria.’
- ‘Customs officers can seize cash, and cash includes cash equivalents, including bearer bonds, gemstones, money orders, postal notes, precious metals, and travellers cheques.’
- ‘I got your letter of 29th Sept a couple of days ago - Mother was much pleased to see that postal note for I was too flush of cash at the time.’
- ‘It issued postal notes, an important means of transmitting money especially for poor people.’
- ‘Thanks for the postal note - they come in very handy always.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.