One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A postal order.
- ‘The move to Victoria in 1954 must have been for altruistic reasons, as at that time Tasmania's biggest import was five-shilling postal notes from Victoria.’
- ‘It issued postal notes, an important means of transmitting money especially for poor people.’
- ‘I got your letter of 29th Sept a couple of days ago - Mother was much pleased to see that postal note for I was too flush of cash at the time.’
- ‘Thanks for the postal note - they come in very handy always.’
- ‘Customs officers can seize cash, and cash includes cash equivalents, including bearer bonds, gemstones, money orders, postal notes, precious metals, and travellers cheques.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.