Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A franking machine.
- ‘Do you find yourself forgiving an employee who uses the office postage meter to mail personal letters?’
- ‘The company is best known for its postage meters, but it also offers a wide range of financial, outsourcing, and professional services.’
- ‘If you've got a postage meter, USPS certified, use that.’
- ‘Did someone buy $25,000 worth of credit for their office postage meter?’
- ‘He wasn't my favorite person at work - once had a rather nasty confrontation with him regarding the postage meter - but what has happened to him is just plain wrong.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.