One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The department of a company that deals with incoming and outgoing mail.
- ‘It has required a lot of additional training - from the post room to the chairman - to ensure everyone is competent in the new regulations.’
- ‘There were about thirty of us - cleaners, security guards, post room employees and temps.’
- ‘Those staffing the post room were evidently authorized by the company to receive mail on its behalf.’
- ‘To get round all this I simply enter the building every day through the post room.’
- ‘Financial players are also having to spend masses of money on specialist training programmes in a bid to educate staff at all levels - from the post room right up to the chairman.’
- ‘But if you need a courier in a hurry, or someone to cover while you pop to the shops, you may wish you'd been nicer to that mousy girl in the post room.’
- ‘Bob, 37, works in the post room of a mail-order company by day and spends his free time videotaping his favorite bands.’
- ‘I think one of the guys in the post room may have a crush on me.’
- ‘My manager said that he had a similar problem when an urgent document was biked over and the post room couldn't work out what ‘urgent’ and ‘biked’ meant.’
- ‘Paul has now enlisted the help of a highly paid super spy in the foreign office who will, against all odds, take on the post room midgets in an effort to find the elusive passport.’
- ‘A gifted French locksmith managed to break into the post room before the Germans discovered the radios had been mailed to the castle.’
- ‘They may only have one fax machine per building, situated in the post room or admin block.’
- ‘She's been there the week on reception and in the post room.’
- ‘I believe there are people in the design studio and the post room with army experience.’
- ‘She checked that the gift was not hidden in the post room somewhere, but it was nowhere to be seen.’
- ‘The people in charge of the post room called the police, who proceeded to gingerly open the package.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.