One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shop at a US military camp, selling food, clothing, and other items.
- ‘There are no post services there to support families - no medical clinic, no schools, no post exchange, no child-development center.’
- ‘Barely one week in country, I narrowly avoided serious injury when an 82 mm rocket landed between two bus stops in front of the post exchange.’
- ‘Fort Chaffee is an Army National Guard post without a whole lot of structure, except for a very small post exchange.’
- ‘The post exchange at Camp Victory did not save a soldier who was killed by a mortar right outside its front door.’
- ‘For less than $3, people can take a shuttle to the post to run errands, pick up commissary items, visit the pharmacy and post exchange, head to finance or keep medical appointments.’
- ‘We stand in line to eat, shower, use the latrine and shop at the post exchange.’
- ‘Any time I go to the post exchange, dining facility, laundry, even when I am walking on the road, an M9 is pointed toward my stomach, chest or face, depending on the carrier's height.’
- ‘While the soldiers lack a post exchange in which to shop, have limited laundry facilities and as of yet, no plane tickets home, they seem pleased with their temporary home.’
- ‘One example: the officer I caught at the post exchange on Anaconda in physical training uniform wearing sandals.’
- ‘They do this only when an outpost has no base or post exchange.’
- ‘Now, people have the luxury of beds, trailers, fast-food restaurants, post exchanges, television, showers and air-conditioned offices and all they do is sit in their offices.’
- ‘We are told to go to the post exchange to purchase a set of sheets if we so desire.’
- ‘Some soldiers will be stationed near a pool or a post exchange.’
- ‘The front line may be the main supply route your convoy is traveling on when a bomb hits, or it may be the line you are waiting in at the post exchange when an indirect fire attack occurs.’
- ‘The airport also has two post exchanges and two dining facilities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.