One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pay a sum of money as bail.‘if a defendant can post bail and presents no threat, he should be allowed to await trial at home’
- ‘The second time, at 11 p.m., they were able to post bail for Jennifer but were told that it would be several hours before she was released.’
- ‘The singer, also famous in Japan, was arrested at his home in a Quezon City suburb but later freed after posting bail of 6,000 pesos.’
- ‘So when his family posted bail after several months of pretrial detention, Tyson went looking for a reporter.’
- ‘Failure to appear has tripled her posted bail, made them issue another warrant for her arrest, and gave even more cannon fodder to the media.’
- ‘As news of the arrest spread, bail bond representatives crammed into the Soi 8 immigration office, looking to post bail for the Korean.’
- ‘Instead he has been detained since last Monday without any opportunity to appear before a judge or post bail.’
- ‘The construction worker was arrested and released after posting bail.’
- ‘Prosecutors declined to comment on a judge's decision to release him after posting bail of just $15,000.’
- ‘The two were taken into custody after failing to post bail of 50 million Nepalese rupees each, the reports said.’
- ‘He was released after his lawyers assured the court he would post bail by September 8.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.