Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Myalgic encephalomyelitis following a viral infection.
- ‘Hunt returned to the reserves last night, two years after he was forced to retire after going down with post-viral fatigue syndrome.’
- ‘Dudgeon was laid low with post-viral fatigue syndrome.’
- ‘We found two RCTs comparing evening primrose oil with placebo in people with a diagnosis of post-viral fatigue syndrome or chronic fatigue syndrome, only one of which found significant benefit.’
- ‘This symptom occurs with a range of other clinical conditions including depression, migraine, post-viral fatigue syndrome or ME.’
- ‘Diagnoses changed over the years from growing pains, rheumatic fever, 'just accident prone' to viral infection, post-viral syndrome, stress, over work, over weight and so on.’
- ‘I developed Post-Viral Fatigue Syndrome whilst working a demanding, full-time job.’
- ‘Occasionally it has been noted that post-viral fatigue syndrome develops after contracting Parvovirus B19.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.