One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Myalgic encephalomyelitis following a viral infection.
- ‘Occasionally it has been noted that post-viral fatigue syndrome develops after contracting Parvovirus B19.’
- ‘Diagnoses changed over the years from growing pains, rheumatic fever, 'just accident prone' to viral infection, post-viral syndrome, stress, over work, over weight and so on.’
- ‘Dudgeon was laid low with post-viral fatigue syndrome.’
- ‘Hunt returned to the reserves last night, two years after he was forced to retire after going down with post-viral fatigue syndrome.’
- ‘I developed Post-Viral Fatigue Syndrome whilst working a demanding, full-time job.’
- ‘We found two RCTs comparing evening primrose oil with placebo in people with a diagnosis of post-viral fatigue syndrome or chronic fatigue syndrome, only one of which found significant benefit.’
- ‘This symptom occurs with a range of other clinical conditions including depression, migraine, post-viral fatigue syndrome or ME.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.