One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition of persistent mental and emotional stress occurring as a result of injury or severe psychological shock, typically involving disturbance of sleep and constant vivid recall of the experience, with dulled responses to others and to the outside world.‘she was undergoing counselling and psychotherapy after being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder’‘a combat veteran being treated for post-traumatic stress syndrome’
- ‘Later it was discovered that he was a World War II vet with post-traumatic stress syndrome.’
- ‘I started self-harming and went to a shrink who diagnosed me with post-traumatic stress syndrome.’
- ‘Neither boy gave evidence, as they were suffering severe post-traumatic stress disorder.’
- ‘In that case, the patient suffered from a borderline personality disorder coupled with post-traumatic stress disorder.’
- ‘He suffered from severe eczema and had experienced some symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder after the incident.’
- ‘He said post-traumatic stress syndrome has been the worst of his injuries, leaving him always on high alert even around his family.’
- ‘If symptoms persist after a month, the diagnosis becomes post-traumatic stress disorder.’
- ‘Night terrors often occur in patients with psychopathology, especially in adults with post-traumatic stress syndrome.’
- ‘Can a person with post-traumatic stress disorder also have psychosis?’
- ‘Not everyone involved in a traumatic event experiences post-traumatic stress disorder.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.