Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
mass noun, often as modifier Work done on a film or recording after filming or recording has taken place.‘post-production editing’
- ‘When we ran out of money during post-production of the film, I had to sell this same apartment, and found that the only potential buyers were other Westerners.’
- ‘Since the days of silent film it has always been the case that film-makers spend far more time in editing and post-production than on-set filming.’
- ‘Even dialogue can be recorded later in post-production and matched up to the actors' lips in a process called Looping.’
- ‘It is aimed at live, recording and post-production stages.’
- ‘Forget for a moment the monumental nature of making this happen on the production and post-production side.’
- ‘The movie is shot in gleaming digital video, rife with modern post-production values.’
- ‘All aging videography aside and cheesy post-production aspects ignored, the images here look great.’
- ‘Most production and post-production companies, film makers and advertising agencies are here.’
- ‘It feels too long, and yet I get the impression that the film was severely butchered in post-production.’
- ‘Cursed suffered the worst production and post-production problems than any other film in recent history.’
- ‘There's no reason that it should take two years to do post-production on a film that small.’
- ‘The three films are in various post-production stages and talks are on with buyers and release dates are in the process of being fixed.’
- ‘Thanks to funding shortfalls, the film sat in post-production for almost four years before reaching completion.’
- ‘It was long and hard, I was going back and forth for months while doing post-production on this film.’
- ‘There is a wide range of jobs in the television production and post-production chain across a range of firm types.’
- ‘It was during post-production that someone suggested the film be in color and luckily it worked.’
- ‘In Hollywood, we shoot from different angles, or do coverage shots, so that we can change editing in post-production.’
- ‘Digital content creators and post-production houses stand to gain enormously from the technology improvements.’
- ‘At our post-production house for advertising agencies, we have an intern program for students studying recording.’
- ‘The wonders of post-production editing and a well-known film finds a new life.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.