One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With the spreading effects of globalization no nation will be spared, and the first signs of post-industrialism can already be observed even in small developing countries such as our own.’
- ‘On the whole, the national economy will reach the level of post-industrialism and advanced information technology.’
- ‘This is thought to be ‘more compatible with the new social order, whether it is called advanced capitalism, late or high modernity, post-industrialism, or post-modernism’.’
- ‘Yet it's only the repetitious vibe of men straining under post-industrialism: pile-driven into transgression and misery, but always retaining a gallows humour.’
- ‘Scholars who write about ‘professionalism,’ or ‘post-industrialism,’ often use these notions more as metaphors than as hypotheses that can be assessed, accepted or rejected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.