One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To take account of this, the system provides for a possessory title to be upgraded to absolute title after it has been registered for 12 years.’
- ‘The screenwriters union wants to eliminate the so called possessory credit, ‘A film by…,’ saying it relegates writers to a secondary status within the industry.’
- ‘The trial decision is about equitable possessory title and the court of appeal said that doesn't exist.’
- ‘The fact that the defendants and their predecessor believed that they owned the property does not preclude them from obtaining possessory title.’
- ‘The enforcement of the possessory assizes and measures against crime was now entrusted to royal justices, sent out on eyre (from Latin iter, a journey) to act as the king's agents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.