One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounPhilosophy
- ‘In particular, his ‘mentalism’, that beliefs about one's own current mental state are epistemologically basic, went essentially unchallenged by the empiricists and positivists, until this century.’
- ‘For the Viennese positivists, Heidegger's work is the return to a reactionary, anti-scientific metaphysics, which is allied politically to pan-Germanic aspirations.’
- ‘I don't think I am doing him an injustice if I say that epistemologically he was essentially a logicist and positivist.’
- ‘Logical positivists denied the soundness of metaphysics and traditional philosophy; they asserted that many philosophical problems are indeed meaningless.’
- ‘Heidegger doesn't even differ from the empiricists and positivists in thinking that it was the wrong idea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.