1The enhancing or amplification of an effect by its own influence on the process which gives rise to it.
- ‘In addition, entrapment of gases cause the ethylene concentration to increase which can, in turn, induce its own biosynthesis due to positive feedback of the hormone.’
- ‘Does the positive feedback influence the robustness of the circadian oscillator?’
- ‘We have emphasized the positive feedback and activation processes in autocrine relays.’
- ‘However, the function of this positive feedback loop in vivo is not clear.’
- ‘This positive feedback loop implies an evolutionary pattern of divergent genetic drift to high or low GC contents.’
- 1.1Electronics The return of part of an output signal to the input, which is in phase with it, so that the amplifier gain is increased and often the output is distorted.
- ‘Positive Gli autoregulation enables a bistable switch, but positive feedback also amplifies noise within a system.’
- ‘This positive feedback mechanism would act to maintain the direction of flow.’
- ‘Thus, positive feedback between two bipolar junction transistors is reduced and then latch-up is eliminated.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.