Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or determined by position.‘United will be forced to make several positional changes’
- ‘Elsewhere, there was not a single positional change from the programme.’
- ‘Credit too to the Carlow selectors for some astute positional alterations.’
- ‘Spa made some positional switches at half-time, which had an immediate effect on the game.’
- ‘Good defending is all about concentration and positional sense.’
- ‘It is clear that if the all-out-attack policy is to work, then there will have to be personnel and positional changes in the coming weeks.’
- ‘They were also continually frustrated as Connor's superb positional kicking pinned them in their own half.’
- ‘May's big concern about his positional switch is that the England hierarchy may ignore him because he is too much of a utility back.’
- ‘Where Moore was quick was not in the legs but in the mind; his positional sense, his reading of the game, were remarkable.’
- ‘With six positional changes from their three previous starts, the Blues confirmed their ability and depth across the squad.’
- ‘The home side made a number of personnel and positional changes at the break and this played a huge part in re-energising the team.’
- ‘Kendal began the game quite sharply and took control with generally sound positional awareness and accurate passing.’
- ‘Another big club might offer him the positional stability he needs to secure the England berth that seems there for the taking.’
- ‘Anand was at his positional best in getting the better of Svidler, who fell prey to finely disguised manoeuvres.’
- ‘The respective managers made a number of personnel and positional switches.’
- ‘It was, perhaps, the only error in his positional play all game.’
- ‘Last week we ran through the positional profiles for first line of defence.’
- ‘He wants them to attack more but to do so cerebrally, based on positional interchange, teamwork and variation of passing.’
- ‘Pinpoint positional kicking was awarded with two further three pointers, and Oxford assumed a narrow lead.’
- ‘Twilight competition teams are to provide their own umpire, ball and positional patches.’
- ‘Laois have made two changes and a number of positional switches for their final game against Carlow.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.