Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in business and politics) a written report outlining someone's attitude or intentions regarding a particular matter.
- ‘He said the central bank's assessment of the island's financial system greatly differs from that taken by the magazine, pointing to a position paper drawn up by central bank officials Sunday.’
- ‘The meeting carefully considered the position paper presented by the management and adopted its key recommendations, the university announced this week.’
- ‘In a recent position paper, Tanner wrote that Social Security faces a horrendous unfinanced liability of $26 trillion over 75 years.’
- ‘The discussion document will form the basis of a future position paper which will then go to the Department of Health, which is in charge of reforming marriage law.’
- ‘However, this must be balanced against the recent position paper of the Office of the Director of Telecommunications Regulation on full number portability.’
- ‘After a position paper is written, the legislative committee should share it with all grassroots members and other coalition organizations.’
- ‘There was possibly a position paper or an objection report that - I am not sure it is in the papers, your Honour.’
- ‘A one-page position paper on inclusion was written and distributed by the district's director of special education two years ago.’
- ‘I have just presented a position paper of sorts to our board suggesting some changes in structure that would still allow governance by the partners while fulfilling both of those mandates.’
- ‘Kathindi said the hake industry was preparing a position paper, which will be presented to the minister of fisheries and marine resources.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.