One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strategy designed to protect a portfolio of investments against potential losses.‘during the financial crisis, banks and other lenders substantially increased their use of portfolio insurance’
- ‘Portfolio insurance was nothing but a method of dynamic hedging.’
- ‘When the stock market trend turned negative, portfolio insurance turned a market decline into a crash.’
- ‘Dynamic portfolio insurance is a way of protecting your portfolio of shares so that if the market falls you can limit your losses to an amount you stipulate in advance.’
- ‘Investors are looking at gold as portfolio insurance.’
- ‘A bomb was found on one of France's main rail lines on Wednesday, giving another reason to buy gold as portfolio insurance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.