One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strategy designed to protect a portfolio of investments against potential losses.‘during the financial crisis, banks and other lenders substantially increased their use of portfolio insurance’
- ‘A bomb was found on one of France's main rail lines on Wednesday, giving another reason to buy gold as portfolio insurance.’
- ‘Investors are looking at gold as portfolio insurance.’
- ‘Dynamic portfolio insurance is a way of protecting your portfolio of shares so that if the market falls you can limit your losses to an amount you stipulate in advance.’
- ‘Portfolio insurance was nothing but a method of dynamic hedging.’
- ‘When the stock market trend turned negative, portfolio insurance turned a market decline into a crash.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.