One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A portable building containing a toilet.
- ‘Somebody (I'm not sure who - probably the College) paid for some Portaloos to be placed there and serviced.’
- ‘Instead he took a last-minute diversion and insisted on showing explaining to us the architectural merits of a row of Portaloos and a rubbish skip.’
- ‘I was the first to be affected, running to the Portaloos and making it just in time.’
- ‘I bought it because I wanted to go to Glastonbury and didn't want to use the Portaloos.’
- ‘The Portaloos in the artists' area were smarter than elsewhere, too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.