One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I know, that sentence sounds vaguely porny on this end too.’
- ‘This is especially true in yoga class, where getting into a camel pose - thrusting your hips forward while kneeling- can feel, well, a bit "porny".’
- ‘The characters indulge in endless porny sex and there are very few ethical moorings.’
- ‘My husband is a fan of the racier/pornier stuff written under a pen name.’
- ‘Will we ever be your respected equals instead of your porny eye candy?’
1960s: from porn + -y.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.