One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet scientific popularizers and educators have to deal with the fact that in our society, many people are still religious, and still accept descriptive religion (at least ostensibly).’
- ‘The constructional approaches tend to be regarded as cook-books, and their authors as technicians or popularizers.’
- ‘Hence, Richardson's foreword drew scorn from veteran UFO investigators and science popularizers.’
- ‘Glazer, one of the popularizers of folk music in the tradition of Alan Lomax and Pete Seeger, was the master of the ‘found ‘song.’’
- ‘And, of course, public social scientists and those in the humanities are, in some respects, in short supply, in part because their colleagues stigmatize them as popularizers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.