One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Propose marriage.‘when he popped the question I said yes without a further thought’
- ‘In October he decided to lay plans to pop the question and started thinking of original ways to propose.’
- ‘Now all you have left to think about is popping the question, enjoying the superb first-time fiancé sex and saving up for the 10-year anniversary diamond size-up purchase.’
- ‘They have been sweethearts ever since, with Lily, perhaps running out of patience, popping the question to Morgan during a romantic break in Paris on Valentine's Day last year.’
- ‘As Georgie and Gabe drive away, Gabe pops the question and Georgie accepts.’
- ‘Then one day, out of the blue, we're going for a drive to dinner arguing about nothing and he stops the car and pops the question, giving me a ring.’
- ‘Alison, 39, decided to take advantage of the Leap Year tradition of women proposing to men when she popped the question before dozens of regulars at their local pub in Hollins.’
- ‘Women wanting their man to propose would most like him to pop the question in a hot geyser pool in Iceland, it was disclosed today.’
- ‘Her limo driver took a slight detour and dropped the unsuspecting girlfriend at the City Hall reflection pool and Christmas tree, where Pollack was waiting with a ring and plans of popping the question on bended knee.’
- ‘In 2004, many couples will offer up toasts and kisses, when one partner gets down on one knee and pops the question.’
- ‘Eventually he pops the question and the wedding adventure of the year is on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.