One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Propose marriage.‘when he popped the question I said yes without a further thought’
- ‘They have been sweethearts ever since, with Lily, perhaps running out of patience, popping the question to Morgan during a romantic break in Paris on Valentine's Day last year.’
- ‘Her limo driver took a slight detour and dropped the unsuspecting girlfriend at the City Hall reflection pool and Christmas tree, where Pollack was waiting with a ring and plans of popping the question on bended knee.’
- ‘As Georgie and Gabe drive away, Gabe pops the question and Georgie accepts.’
- ‘In October he decided to lay plans to pop the question and started thinking of original ways to propose.’
- ‘Now all you have left to think about is popping the question, enjoying the superb first-time fiancé sex and saving up for the 10-year anniversary diamond size-up purchase.’
- ‘Women wanting their man to propose would most like him to pop the question in a hot geyser pool in Iceland, it was disclosed today.’
- ‘Then one day, out of the blue, we're going for a drive to dinner arguing about nothing and he stops the car and pops the question, giving me a ring.’
- ‘Alison, 39, decided to take advantage of the Leap Year tradition of women proposing to men when she popped the question before dozens of regulars at their local pub in Hollins.’
- ‘Eventually he pops the question and the wedding adventure of the year is on.’
- ‘In 2004, many couples will offer up toasts and kisses, when one partner gets down on one knee and pops the question.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.