One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of an order of Franciscan nuns founded by St Clare of Assisi in c.1212.
- ‘When the hair-do was finished, I ran up to the Sacred Heart picture in the kitchen and told The Lord I wanted to be a Poor Clare in order to pray for the world.’
- ‘It consists of Hymns, Psalms, Scripture, Readings, Short Reflections and Prayers and will be available at the Poor Clare Monastery after Monday 8th December from 10.30 am to 5pm.’
- ‘We had masses at Lower Dolours, Poor Clares, The Grotto, Bartres and City of the Poor.’
- ‘It is Tricia's fervent hope that she will take her final vows of profession as a Poor Clare on March 25, 2006.’
- ‘‘A Time to Pray’ by the Poor Clares from Carlow is now available in the Knock Shrine Book Shop or may also be had from the Poor Clare Monastery, Carlow.’
- ‘The CD is available from the Repository, Carlow Cathedral, the Poor Clare Monastery and Veritas, Dublin.’
- ‘Condolences also to the Rooney family on the death of Sr Josephine Rooney, Poor Clares, Tampa, Florida, RIP>’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.