One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity of riding across country on a pony or horse for pleasure, typically as a holiday activity.
- ‘Your days will be swallowed up with pony-trekking, cycling, skiing, walking, fishing off the hotel's own jetty, idling along the private beach, all of which should exhaust the kids so much you'll have the evenings to yourselves.’
- ‘As a result we must stop trying to sell Africa, and sell us: skiing and mountain-climbing and pony-trekking and fly-fishing and camping and no tze-tze bites in Africa!’
- ‘Gallagher returned to his native Donegal opening a youth hostel and pony-trekking centre.’
- ‘This working farm includes horse and pony-trekking, crazy golf, pet corner and play area.’
- ‘The site also offers a wide range of activities up that part of Scotland: pony-trekking, fishing etc and also accommodation - although no prices are given.’
- ‘If that doesn't sate you, the Macdonalds can organise fishing, deer-stalking, pony-trekking and hiking.’
- ‘Their conversation would be about how they spent the summer pony-trekking in the Pyrenees or working for dad in Madrid.’
- ‘Then there's port and a few Taliskers by the fire by which time we are replete and looking forward to pony-trekking on the moors tomorrow.’
- ‘While her pals were pony-trekking through the Spanish countryside or working at a zoo, student Sarah Knowles found her own work placement was a far more sombre affair.’
- ‘Students have swapped a classroom in Stockport for a rodeo in Texas and a pony-trekking business in Spain.’
- ‘With beautiful Welsh countryside all around, we enjoyed many activities, including mountain walking, swimming, canoeing, ‘gully-bashing’, orienteering, rock-climbing, quad biking and pony-trekking.’
- ‘Included in the day's fun is pony-trekking, treasure hunt, obstacle course and a barbecue to round the day off.’
- ‘We didn't go fast - indeed most ranches seem to prefer you to proceed as if pony-trekking, so if you're an experienced rider and are seeking a challenge, check first for the riding levels offered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.