One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aquatic European snail with a brown conical shell, living typically in fresh water.
- ‘We were led to propose a creative evolutionary role for intragenic DNA inversions through our studies of the nitric oxide-signaling pathway in the nervous system of a pond snail Lymnaea stagnalis.’
- ‘During its life cycle, the parasitic trematode depends on several hosts, including pond snails.’
- ‘The marine shell and pond snails were associated with adult females, the whistle and iron ore, with a young child.’
- ‘Mallards and black ducks also dive for pond snails and probably a range of aquatic insects like dragonfly nymphs.’
- ‘Predator snails control plant-eating snails, and pond snails help keep the water clean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.