One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounAustralian, NZ
The United Kingdom.‘despite all those years in Pomland he's never lost his Melbourne accent’
- ‘I will now give you a first-hand report of a leading case recently decided here in Pomland.’
- ‘He writes in the style of a bluff Aussie delighted to live far from Pomland.’
- ‘Less than a year later, Gooch struck the highest score for Pomland since 1938.’
- ‘Mum was born in "Pomland".’
- ‘They were taxed up to 80% in Pomland.’
- ‘While away in Pomland another male Australian character was born from the typewriters of advertising copywriters.’
- ‘Smoking the stuff is no longer a criminal offence in Pomland.’
- ‘We're meeting a mate who will take you on and you'll be back in Pomland before you know it.’
- ‘Is it the intention of Pomland to open up direct mail communication?’
- ‘Her new series is called Babes in Pomland.’
1970s: from Pom + land.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.