One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The United Kingdom.‘luckily we don't have the Safety and Health regulations they have in Pomgolia’
- ‘Too much time in Pomgolia seems to have affected her memory.’
- ‘Greetings From Outer Pomgolia’
- ‘My daughter's emigrating to Outer Pomgolia.’
- ‘He's bringing more honour and fame to Pomgolia with vapid rants against capitalism.’
- ‘'Do you think you'll ever go back to the UK, Dad?' 'What? Pomgolia? Not likely.'’
- ‘The perception when I lived in Pomgolia in the Blair years was that Maggie T was fairly comfortable with the direction his government was heading in.’
- ‘He's the founding Chairman of Sky, responsible for bringing The Simpsons to Pomgolia.’
- ‘He's a Marxist Pom hiding in Pomgolia.’
- ‘When I first arrived here from Pomgolia, eftpos was big here but not so in the UK.’
- ‘If Satan wins the toss and Pomgolia emerges triumphant, should I swap the usual shorts and swandri for some mustard cords and a Barbour?’
1970s: from Pom, on the pattern of Mongolia, alluding to the perception of both as distant lands.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.