One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A red Bordeaux wine produced in Pomerol, a region in the Gironde, France.
- ‘At €500 for six bottles of the magisterial Hosanna, this is an achievable slice of the glory and vision that is great Pomerol.’
- ‘I loved the idea, clipped the article, and when I happened to have a little 1999 Pomerol left from dinner with my family the other night, I gave it a try.’
- ‘George seduced us into shelling out for a $60 bottle of Pomerol (Château La Croix de Gay), and later re-emerged with soothing glasses of pear brandy and Armagnac.’
- ‘Kindly bring up the '89 Pomerol from the cellar.’
- ‘Your party was drinking a late '80s Pomerol while you sensibly sipped an elderflower spritzer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.