One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic resin made by polymerizing vinyl acetate, used chiefly in paints and adhesives.
- ‘Larvae to be photographed were mounted under a coverslip in PVLP mounting medium (8.4% polyvinyl acetate, 22% lactic acid, 22% phenol).’
- ‘After removal, the moulds are filled with polyvinyl acetate mixed with tinted oil paint and paraffin.’
- ‘They are based on nitro cellulose or polyvinyl acetate, normally elastomeric products, dispersed in solvent.’
- ‘In an ironic counterpoint to its title, the brightly painted panel Plenty of Room is crammed with costume jewelry, rope, plastic rods, feathers, chains and bicycle reflectors, all suspended in thick, poured polyvinyl acetate.’
- ‘It can refer to polyvinyl chloride, but in caulks it generally indicates polyvinyl acetate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.