One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an organic compound, especially a fat or oil molecule) containing several double or triple bonds between carbon atoms.
- ‘We consume three main types of fats in our daily diet - saturated fats, monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats.’
- ‘You can only get these from polyunsaturated fats and oils, found in high quantities in nuts, fish, avocados, seeds and vegetable oils.’
- ‘Autoxidation of the polyunsaturated fatty acids of flour lipids results in the formation of hydroperoxides, which are powerful oxidising agents.’
- ‘For example, polyunsaturated fats do much more than lower blood cholesterol levels.’
- ‘Experts say the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found largely in nuts have heart protective benefits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.