One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an organic compound, especially a fat or oil molecule) containing several double or triple bonds between carbon atoms.
- ‘Experts say the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found largely in nuts have heart protective benefits.’
- ‘Autoxidation of the polyunsaturated fatty acids of flour lipids results in the formation of hydroperoxides, which are powerful oxidising agents.’
- ‘You can only get these from polyunsaturated fats and oils, found in high quantities in nuts, fish, avocados, seeds and vegetable oils.’
- ‘For example, polyunsaturated fats do much more than lower blood cholesterol levels.’
- ‘We consume three main types of fats in our daily diet - saturated fats, monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.