One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elongated polythene-covered frame under which seedlings or other plants are grown outdoors.
- ‘The mushrooms, which literally grow overnight in four polytunnels, are sold to supermarket chains through a wholesaler in Trawden.’
- ‘The seeds were sown, germinated and grown in the polytunnel for approximately three weeks on average.’
- ‘The vandals threw flowers, sprayed the garden, benches and plants with paint and stabbed holes in the sealed polytunnel used to protect flowers grown for the event.’
- ‘Over the past three years, the business has expanded into strawberries, as well, which are grown in polytunnels in order to be ready out of season, before their outdoor plants mature.’
- ‘Liam is bent over tending aubergine plants in one of the endless polytunnels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.